What is a touchTrac Station? *
A touchTrac Station is a kiosk type Windows program for multiple employees who work in a within convenient range of one or more stations. touchTrac runs on a tablet or computer, with or without a touchscreen, operating Windows XP, 7, or 8.
A touchTrac license is required to run each touchTrac station. There is no limit to the number of employees that can use the touchTrac station for data capture.
How do I assign an employee as a touchTrac user? *
Employees that are not assigned to pcTrac/iTrac can use touchTrac for data capture. Employees using touchTrac log in with their Employee ID. Alternately touchTrac users can be configured to use an alternate ID or be prompted to enter a PIN which may be specified on the Additional Information tab of the Employee Center.
How do I set up touchTrac stations? *
When touchTrac runs for the first time, it will register with the TracManager program and use one of the available touchTrac licenses. touchTrac stations will not appear on the list until the stations have been installed and registered with TracManager. Contact Tractivity Support if assistance is needed.
Once the touchTrac Station is registered, select from the Time & Payroll menu Setup>touchTrac Stations. Select the touchTrac computer name from the drop down list; set the universal preferences and default language preference for the selected station. The preferences are set for the touchTrac Station not individual users. Configuring the prompts and choices for each workgroup on the touchTrac station allows or limits the information that the employees in each workgroup can enter or view.
How do I configure the touchTrac stations? *
Configuring the touchTrac stations allows or limits the information that employees can enter and view. The touchTrac stations are configured in two parts: the settings for the physical touchTrac computer station and the universal settings for how touchTrac will prompt employees.
touchTrac Station Configuration
To configure a touchTrac Station, select from the menu Setup>touchTrac Stations. Select the touchTrac Station from the Computer Name list. Set the preferences, time tracking menu choices, and additional configuration settings for the selected touchTrac Station.
Preferences: The preferences are set for the touchTrac Station itself, not individual users.
Check the checkboxes to allow Users to minimize the touchTrac program, resize the touchTrac program, and/or exit the touchTrac program. It is recommended that these three options are selected until the installations are fully tested and ready to operate. Later, uncheck these options if the touchTrac station is only used for the touchTrac application.
If all options are unchecked only the Administrator may exit the program by entering the administrator password numerically as the employee ID. A menu bar will then appear across the top of the touchTrac screen. From that menu the Administrator can select File>Exit to exit the touchTrac program.
Default Language Preference: If a language preference is applicable the default language can be selected from the Default Language Preference drop down menu.
Configuring the prompts and choices for each workgroup on the touchTrac station allows or limits the information that the employees in each workgroup can enter or view.
From the Workgroup List shown in the Prompt Configuration section of the screen, select to configure all workgroups exactly the same or to configure each individual workgroup separately.
If all workgroups will be configured with the same settings. Select the All Workgroups folder in the Workgroup List.
If each workgroup will be configured differently select a workgroup from the WorkgroupLlist. Set the choices for that workgroup, then repeat for any remaining workgroups.
Time Tracking Menu Choices: The touchTrac Menu Items can be configured in a variety of ways depending on company and employee needs.
Select ONE of the following methods for data collection.
- No Time Tracking – Time tracking for employees will not occur.
- In/Out Only – Employees can clock into a default job and default activity, and clock out.
- Job Only – Employees can clock in, select a job from the Job Help List, select a default activity, and clock out.
- Job and Activity – Employees can clock in, select a job from the Job Help List, select an activity from the Activity Help List, and clock out.
- Job, SubJob, and Activity – Employees can clock in, select from the Job Help List, Phase Help List, and Activity Help List, and clock out.
Select or deselect additional menu options for the selected workgroup’s configuration.
- Timeout – The touchTrac can be configured to end the employee’s touchTrac session after a specified amount of time of inactivity. The specified amount of time can range between 15 and 300 seconds depending on the environment and the amount of time needed for employees to make their entries.
- Rapid Prompt – Data can be entered without requiring the user to press the Enter key.
- Secure Login – The login field may be set to hidden for added security.
- Automatic exit after user entry – After each user completes an entry, the touchTrac Station will automatically return to the login prompt screen.
Additional Configuration Settings:
Check the checkboxes for the following additional configuration settings.
- Enable Batch Jobs
- Restrict to Activity Help List – displays only the Activities assigned to the specified Workgroup’s Activity Help List. If unchecked all Activities will be displayed.
- Restrict Activities to Budget (if exists) – Only Activities with Budgets will be visible. Activities without a budget will not appear and cannot be selected.
- Show Customer
- Prompt for Sequence – rarely used, but allows a sequence number to be input.
Check the checkboxes for the following job related transaction selections.
- Material Used PN and QTY – utilizes the Material Help List and allows the touchTrac user to enter a part number and quantity of material used during the job.
- Parts Made PN and QTY – if making parts, the part number and quantity can be entered.
- ETC –allows the touchTrac user to set the ETC (estimated time to completion).
- Qty Complete – allows the entry of complete material or parts quantities.
- Qty Scrapped – allows the entry of scrapped materials.
- Qty Shipped – allows the entry of quantity shipped.
Check the checkboxes for the following ancillary information access selections.
- View Timesheet – when checked, allows the employee to view their timesheet.
- View Schedule – when checked, allows the employee to view their work schedule.
- View Payroll Hours – allows the employee to view their payroll hours for the period selected in the drop down box, e.g., week, two weeks, bi-monthly, monthly.
- View Related Documents (associated with current job) – allows the employee to view related documents associated with the current job. The touchTrac station must have the necessary software installed in order to open and view the attached documents.
- View and print job traveler –when checked and a report such as a shop order or job/order report is selected from the drop down list employees can access the selected report.
- Print Timesheet – when checked, allows the employee to print their timesheet.
- Print Schedule – when checked, allows the employee to print their schedule.
- Print Payroll Hours – when checked, allows the employee to print their payroll hours.
Why can’t I access the touchTrac Stations menu? *
Please check with your Systems Administrator. Your Systems Administrator can change your User Rights enabling you to access this menu option.