- To access the Tracmanager Users screen log into TracManager as the Administrator. Then use the Administrate menu and choose View/Edit TracManager Users
- What is a TracManager User?
- TracManager User Types
- How do I add a new TracManager User?
- How many TracManager Users can I add?
- How do I delete a TracManager User?
What is a TracManager User? *
TracManager users are authorized users of the TracManager software. TracManager Users require a unique username and password in order to log into TracManager. Each TracManager User is assigned access privileges which determine which menus the user has access to, as well as whether the user may delete or modify certain information.
TracManager User Types *
TracManager supports five user types:
Administrator: This is the highest user account and has all access to all areas of the software. When the Administrator logs into TracManager the Administrate menu appears on the Windows menu bar. No other user type has access to the Administrate menu.
Executive: The Executive user type allows the user all access to the Employee lists. This is an ideal user type for a user who needs to have access to all employees for payroll or HR purposes. All access rights are subject to the user rights settings on each module Tab.
Manager: The Manager user type allows the user to view Employees and Employee timesheets for all employees who are assigned to the manager. The user also has access to employees who report to a supervisor who reports to the manager. All access rights are subject to the user rights settings on the Tabs.
Supervisor: The Supervisor user type allows the user to view Employees and Employee timesheets for all employees who are assigned to the supervisor. All access rights are subject to the user rights settings on the Tabs.
Staff: The staff user type is intended for users who will not review employee records or employee timesheets. All access rights are subject to the user rights settings on the Tabs.
How do I add a new TracManager User? *
- Click on the New User button
- Type the desired user name into the input box (the name may only include letters and numbers (a-z, 0-9).
- You may copy the profile from another user by selecting that user from the drop-down list.
- Click OK
- Select a User Type from the drop-down selector list
- Enter the desired password for the user in the Password entry box. Enter the password again in the second Password entry box.
- Select the primary language of the user (English is default)
- Click on each Tab to set the desired access rights for the new user. For example to hide access to sensitive payroll information you would uncheck as shown in the image.
- All settings are automatically saved as you type
How many TracManager Users can I add? *
You may add as many TracManager Users as you desire. The number of users that may access TracManager at the same time is limited by the number of TracManager user licenses you have purchased. We recommend that each TracManager user have their own account. TracManager will not allow two users to log in under the same user name at the same time.
How do I delete a TracManager User? *
To Delete or permanently remove a TracManager user, select the user name from the drop down list and click delete.